The Sandals Do Not Fit

His Sandals Do Not Fit

I used to think that a single mom is to be greeted ‘Happy Father's Day’ because she is raising/raised her children on her own and assuming/assumed both the role of a mother and a father. However, after my husband's death, I have realized that even though I am expected to undertake both roles, I can never be dad.

It became evident on the day I found my late husband's sandals on the patio. I looked at how big they were. I put them on, and I thought to myself, "I can never fill his shoes." It's been almost a year since he passed, and I know I still can never fill them. Dads are special. 

If you are a single mom and you're reading this, I am saying this not to make you feel inadequate, but to remind you that you don't have to be dad too. A friend told me that. All you have to be is to be the best mom, and to ask God to be their Father. Yes, that is all you need to do. Give yourself grace.

It is hard enough, but the assurance that God has our backs makes it lighter.

God bless you.

Comments

Click Here to Earn Free Rebates on All Your Online Purchases

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Popular Posts