Stretchable Pants to Shorts and Pot Holders

Stretchable Pants to Shorts and Pot Holders


I revisited our bag of "rags" this morning and had a second look at these stretchable pants given to my daughter. She loved them and they still fit, but because of holes on the knee area, they had to graduate. Well, not just yet. 

Here's how I turned them to shorts:

1. I cut the legs right above where the holes were. 


2. Folded the edges of the cloth about half an inch and pinned them


3. I used my sewing machine and used one of the hem stitches. You can sew them by hand too, if you wish.




Here's how I made the pot holders:

1. I cut the legs about half an inch wide.



2. I brought out our Loop 'n Loom to weave the fabric bands. It's really nice because they're stretchable so they're kinda' elastic. Here's an instructional video by a young girl on how to use it if you haven't used one yet.



3. I really loved how they turned out. A few of our well-used pot holders have already been replaced.  



I encourage you to look at your "trash" again and see it's potential. It may save you some cash. Happy July 4th!




Comments

Click Here to Earn Free Rebates on All Your Online Purchases

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Popular Posts